Sunday, April 6, 2008

My experience in SGU so far + midterm experience

I'm not gonna lie. I've fit in at SGU pretty well which means I've adjusted to the island life. What?...30 minute wait for a sandwich....that's actually pretty fast....1 hour to get a haircut....I'll bring my notes. You get the idea. Oh and the heat doesn't bother me anymore...there's always a cool breeze to keep your nether regions cool.

I've started stuyding with friend and that has helped me out thus far beause this guy stays on the top of his stuff and is compelling me to do the same. So, basically, he studies something and I quiz him and then I study something and he quizzes me. So, it's been working out and so far, I've been able to keep up with the class for Anatomy and Biochem.

As far as mid-term exams go, it was a few weeks ago. I crammed like a mother for that. Anatomy was the first and I felt the most prepared of all the exams for it and got the lowest grade of the three exams on it (shows what I know). Histo was another cram session....did 6 lectures in the morning of the freakin' exam and also went over all the slides 4 hours before the exam...considering that the grade was a high B.

I was pretty burnt by the cramming once Biochem rolled around. They did 9 lectures the week before the exam and studying for Anatomy, I neglected to catch up. And FYI, Dr. Trotz's Lipoprotein lecture took me an hour to decipher...which means trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to know from the slides. So, this meant various hours of coffee fueled studying along with asking myself if I am made for Med school. I also called home eight times and tried to get some advice from my parents. Parents are great....they know just the thing to put you at ease. So, I bascially spent the entire day doing lipid metabolism and synthesis and the morning of the exam, woke up at 6:00 AM and started going over all the pre-unified stuff. And I also did Dr. Dasso's 4 lectures on cell signaling and fed v. starved states. Due to time constraints and the fact that my head felt like it was filled to capacity....I skipped over Dr. Trotz's last lecture. So, the exam seemed fair...I made a couple of stupid mistakes but still managed to get out of the exam with an A. So, very happy about that.

So, there's still 5 weeks of class left and 1 week of exams and then I am back to the greatest city in the World, New York.

1 comment:

uberfry said...

hey baby, whos this friend of yours...sounds sexy. ;-)