Thursday, February 21, 2008

Unified Grades are in!!!

So, today I have "officially" received all the grades for the three subjects on the unifieds. I went in with an apprehensive feeling comparable to your gut falling out your ass at the speed of light. That was because I was behind on all the subjects and due to time constraints (and lack of interest and patience) I had to skip a lot of stuff.

Gross Anatomy & Embryology - I finished the lungs and the first part of the heart stuff in 2 days. I skipped Mediastinum (lack of interest) and autonomics (time constraint). I also didn't get a chance to review the stuff on the back and the arms untill 3 hours before the exam itself . Oh and let's not forget that I skipped the entire Embryology stuff that we have learned so far -- Grade: 80%

Biochemistry - I was up to date on the first few lectures but I had to catch up on all of Dr. Trotz's lectures (about 8 lectures) in two days. I had to skip Dr. Davidson's lectures on Bioenergetics and intro to metabolism -- Grade: 80%

Histology - Oh God, this was bad. I was up to date on the lectures on epithelium, connective tissue and cartilage. I went to most of the lectures and retained what I could when not falling asleep. I went over more than half the stuff (bone, blood & hematopoesis, muscles) the day of the exam, around 6:00 AM and had to skip the nervous system -- Grade: 84%

So, the moral of the story is KEEP UP WITH YOUR CLASSES!!! I can't emphasize that enough for myself. I was afraid I failed the exams simple because there were so many questions that I wasn't sure of and really had to reach in order to get the answer. But I was lucky and did not end up as being part of Dr. Davidson's statistics of kids who failed the unifieds.

I have been good since the exam and have managed to keep up with anatomy and biochemistry. I hope to do a decent amount of embryo this weekend simply because the embryo stuff are easy "gimme" points. That said, midterm is in 2 weeks...as I type this, I have soiled myself at the thought of the midterm. I hope the unifieds were an accurate representation of the midterm or future exams.

I am going to go take a power nap and then it's off to the books.



No comments: